BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Why Do I Bother?

Lately our conversations have been about watching and listening to our children, finding out who they really are and what they want to become, and a sincere desire to help them achieve it. We are not perfect parents, but really desire to encourage our kids and help them reach their potential!

I know I write this blog, that anybody and their dog could read it, but very rarely do I tell people out loud that I have decided to run the Ragnar or like I decided earlier this week to run the San Diego 2 person Relay with Molly Ann next June, because I am working so hard to encourage myself and don't want to hear any criticism... its just not necessary!

Well today I was having a phone call, at at an intimate moment felt like sharing that these 2 upcoming races, just to hear LAUGHING followed by "What are you two thinking?"

I couldn't believe it, my heart sank and I was so hurt. I couldn't take it back, and they didn't want to. Why did I tell anyone? WHY? I had to hang up the phone and cry. It was like being vomited on, or a shooting target, or like every flaw or insecurity I had had since a little girl was written on my skin for all to see and that I would never be able to change or get away from.

After feeling so low (only a few people in my life could make me feel that way, and why twice in the same month??) I told myself I would prove them wrong. I made a decision to do this for me, that I wanted a lifestyle change, that I wanted to experience the confidence one gains from completing these great things, and that's just what I will continue to do, every day because that has not changed. I bother because I want my life to be even better, and I want to show my kids that they can do and be anything they are willing to work for, that's why!

0 comments: