BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 17, 2011

Hip Hop Hooray

I love my marmee, yesterday she picked me and the kids up for lunch & the woman just loves! She can't help but sincerely care for any and everyone, and I came away from our time together so thankful for her and the example of what a good person she is to me. The day got better, in the evening my wonderful Cousins of Character stayed the night and again I felt so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life that I am lucky enough to call my family. During our visit I found out one of my great-aunt was having ♥ troubles that she was seeing a doctor for, and I was thinking about our families collectively in their health. There are a few who keep their bodies healthy, but for the majority as life gets busy, and trials come their health goes on the back burner...

sounds oh so familiar! That's exactly what I have done for the last 15 years as I still continue to work out issues from adolescence and not just get through but overcome the ones faced still. Which inspired me to do my run today, thinking "this is why you are doing it, to change the pattern!" but not just for me, for my boys and anyone who will ever read this, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING you put your mind to! Our Heavenly Father gave us these amazing bodies that if we take care of them they will serve us well for many years, at least that's what my genes tell me!

I had one grandmother die of breast cancer, but healthy until the day she needed to go home. Her sweetheart passed at 90, working on his roof the day before having a stroke! The other grandparents are in their 80's and still kickin'! If I'm going to be here a while, why not make my body into one that can enjoy many things available because it CAN!

Today felt like my throat was on fire, and my chest was going to explode, but step by step I did it and really feel good about it! I did the 1.24 mile loop in 15:17 for a 12:20 min/mile, my fastest time so far, and 5 seconds faster than last week, hip hop hooray!

0 comments: