BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Challenge!

All week long I had been dreading today, I saw that I had to go for 40 minutes and mentally that freaked me out! How would I keep moving? How far could I go? This is stupid and I should just stop. No, I'll go but shorten the run if I get tired...

No joke, this is what was repeating in my mind! Last night was date night and Yaya & Sunshine kept the boys for a sleepover, and I thought, PERFECT we will have a great night and I can get my run in! We had a great night and I didn't set my alarm, not for AM anyway Ü so I woke up in a panic at 5:45 am and quickly got dressed and was out by 6! I saw the route of 2.95 miles, and thought "well, I'll see how long each section takes me."

Honestly, this whole this is more mental than physical for me!

I got to the top of my first hill and was shocked I was at 10 minutes vs 15! Went down and then up the next and was only at 20! Went back down and as I was started up the last hill a friend drove by and waved, which made me laugh and I thought "you may take longer, but you can do this route!" I did the 2.95 mile route in 40:40 for a 13:47 pace! I'm slow, I get that, but I did it and didn't stop and kept my butt, my feet, my knees, my lungs going for 40 minutes, and I really am proud of myself! xo

0 comments: