BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Edamame!

Okay people, I'm officially on week 3 of my "conditioning program" and I am in pain! My ankles and left hip are screaming at me wondering why I am making them move all of the sudden :) Must...go...on!

I have been reunited with precious friends, and it seems there is a very common pattern amongst us! We fall in love, we get married, we have babies, we move, we fulfill callings in our church, we have job changes, and in the midst become so busy with life that we lose the "us" we once knew!

Never would we dream of not having our wonderful husbands or darling children, and we all want to give service, and so it is very easy to run out of time and not save any moment for us, to enjoy being with other women, to laugh out loud, and to remember all the nights dancing with friends!

Instead we become frumpy, rushing, cranky at times, and desire for more. One thing I have really enjoyed the last year or so, has been reuniting with friends I love and miss on Facebook. Seeing their spouses and beautiful children, what they are up to, exchanging phone numbers and laughing just like we did back when! It is a little happy place for me! Whether I jump on once a day or once a week, having that connection helps me feel more alive!

Making the time, sometimes at the sacrafice of my very precious sleep, to get my body out of bed, while it is still dark, and exercise while my family sleeps...is so difficult, but I know that I am going to feel and look so much better if I do!

Taking the time to make halthier food is a HUGE one for me! Today I tried this:

1 pkg Edamame, shelled, rinsed, pat dry
1 tbs Olive oil
1 tsp Seasoning of any kind :)
*450 for 15 minutes

0 comments: