BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I cried!

















Tonight was so stinking windy, but I threw on my workout clothes and new Asics, and out the door we went, me ready to do my first jog/fast walk, and the boys following on bikes! I started off strong with the wind at my back, and then came the first hill and I was huffing harder than a woman in labor... I think :/ Anyway, I did it and went a total of 1.5 miles in 24 minutes, I vow it to be the slowest I will EVER go again! Right after, I swapped Adam, and he began his jog while the kids and I biked behind which was fine out of the parking lot! Then the first hill came and big bro was struggling (so was I, but I just yelled). Then a flat... ahh relief, but oh dear then the next hill, then the next! He stopped a few times crying, and I stopped ahead of him, my head on my handlebars, tears coming down because I am SO out of shape! I'm so ANGRY, so upset, so depressed, and ashamed that I have not only allowed my body to go to crap, but I am teaching my precious baby to be lazy and he is now struggling! Failure Parent #1 right here!

Adam was out of sight for a long time now, and we finally made it up the hill. Right then when we both knew we would survive this ride my son, that darling little boy, he did it, he compared us and our fat, chubby, out of shape bodies to GARFIELD! I was shocked, but he was right! And that made me feel even worse.

We got back home, and about 5 minutes later here comes Ad who had LAPPED us! Sick! Oh well, we rode our bikes for 1.7 miles and it only took 35 minutes! Ha! But tonight big bro and I decided to work hard together, like the SPARTANS!

1 comments:

Angie Larkin said...

It can be shocking when you get back on the wagon! I know from experience. I would suggest this (If I may be so bold and nosy) make sure you have a gradual plan. Don't start too fast, it can be discouraging and unproductive. Apryl last year gave me a great beginner's runner program that had me running two miles without stopping by the end of the month. Each day was doable, even if the measly goal was to run only four minutes straight with walking in between. The first day was run one minute walk one minute etc. But the structure was really helpful and eased me into it. I plan on doing it again after HCG. You are awesome and I believe in you!!!